Johannesburg: The much awaited Apple Watch is all set to arrive on 24th April 2015 and can be yours for a price starting from $349. But the thing is people are thinking that whether it’s worth buying an Apple Watch? Does it help smart watches to take off or it’s just another wearable that costs too much but does very little. There are certain things you need to know about Apple Watch. Later, you can decide whether to spend your hard earned money for it.
Few significant things you must know about an Apple Watch:
- There are three Apple Watches: Yes! There are three different editions of Apple Watches and not just one. The Apple Watch which is made of stainless steel, Apple Watch Sport polished with aluminium and the Apple Watch Edition which is made of 18 karat gold. All the three editions come in two different sizes (38 mm and 42 mm). You will also be having a huge set of options to select a strap.
- It needs an iPhone: This would not be a great surprise for the iPhone users as they know that Apple Watch will act as a companion only with the other Apple products. They are iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6/6 Plus and the watch doesn’t work with iPads. The watch and the iPhone get connected via Bluetooth 4.0 or through Wi-Fi.
- The screen is sapphire and highly sensitive: Even iPhone 6 doesn’t have an extremely tough, scratch resistant and crystal glass screen that the users had been hoping for; but the Apple Watch has. It’s also a touchscreen with a minute difference. It detects the force and also a mere touch. So, you can just tap to select something or also can press a bit harder (Force Touch). It’s just like the right button of the mouse.
- Touch screen is not the only means of control: You may think that touchscreen is the only means to control an Apple Watch; but it’s not true. It has a Digital Crown which can be used as a home button. You can also use this crown to zoom in and zoom out the screen. Also, you can press it down to access Siri.
- It comes with Taptics: Whenever an Apple Watch gets a notification, it vibrates to alert you; then you can raise your wrist to turn on the screen and view the notification. It also comes with Taptics to aid you with the input feedback. This is the first Apple device to have Taptics.
- It’s a personal messaging wizard: The Apple Watch lets you reply to the messages via dictation, auto-generated response or with an animated emoticon. It can also be used as a walkie-talkie to chat with other wearers nearby. It also allows you to send some animations or the drawings made on the watch’s screen. Also, a very unusual thing like heartbeat can be sent to your friends.
- It’s got sensors: Apple Watch comes with a heartbeat monitor and an accelerometer and hence it’s also termed as a fitness tracker. Apple says that it’s been designed to work as an all-day tracker. The watch reminds you to get up if you are sitting in a same place for long time. It also tracks the distance you run and the calories burnt during workout.
- Lots of apps to come: The apps showed to be present during the launch were Pinterest, Maps, Music player, photos and airline notifications. But it supports several other apps; you will be able to check out the battery life of your electric BMW or you can just tap it in front of a hotel room door to unlock it.
- Battery life is really a mystery: Apple didn’t mention the battery life during their presentation about Apple Watch. It seems like they are still working on it to improve the battery life. All that we know is that it can be charged wirelessly using MagSafe cable. But nobody knows whether it has to be used once in a week or once a day.
Are you planning to hire iOS developers or to outsource iPhone apps development in Johannesburg? Then you are in the right place! We have expert iPhone app developers who have a keen knowledge on the latest development trends and methodologies. Contact us and make the best use of our iOS development services.