Johannesburg: Tablets are the tremendous devices for watching movies, browsing through the Internet and for many more things. But one of the boring things about the tablets is their battery life. Nobody would like to have an alert saying ‘battery low’ when they are watching an interesting movie or when they are hitting a high score on their favourite game.
Fortunately, there are number of ways through which you can extend the battery life of your tablet. Below mentioned are a few ways:
- Check what's eating your tablet's battery: Firstly, you must me aware of the things happening on your tablet. Check out which apps or functions are eating the device’s battery. Just go to settings and select Battery. It displays a bar graph of several apps, hardware and processes that are draining out your battery. Once you get to know it, you can change the settings accordingly by reducing the brightness level, clearing the apps running in the background and so on.
- Reduce brightness level: Normally, it is the display that eats your battery the most. So you can try reducing the brightness level; it certainly saves a lot of battery power. Tap on settings-> Display, and then select Brightness where you will find a slider to adjust the brightness of your tablet. Reduce brightness to a less intense level that is comfortable for you to read the contents without straining your eyes.
- Reduce screen time out: Another good idea to enhance your battery life is to reduce the screen timeout; i.e., reducing the amount of time the screen stays lit after you stop interacting with the device. Go to display settings and select ‘sleep’ option. Reducing the screen timeout, instructs your tablet to turn the screen off after a set period of inactivity.
- Turn off unwanted connections: The wireless technologies like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi consume a bit of power. So it is advised to turn them off if you are not using them. Especially in the case of Bluetooth, people just leave their Bluetooth ‘on’ even when they are not using it. This eats a lot of battery power. Just go to settings -> Bluetooth and turn off the Bluetooth when you are not using it.
- Avoid using widgets and live wallpapers: The widgets and live wallpapers require some processing power and graphics power which put extra drain on your battery. It might be relatively small, but if you want maximize your device’s battery absolutely, you will have to consider not using live wallpapers and widgets.
- Turn off Auto-sync: You will be having lots of services and applications that sync the data automatically on your tablet, for storing contact information, sending mails, providing Facebook alerts, etc. This process drains out your battery, especially if they are extracting more information. Open Settings and select ‘Accounts and Sync’ where you will find an option to turn off auto synchronization.
Fortune Softtech is a top-class Android app development company offering onsite and offshore Android apps development in Johannesburg. Our developers are highly skilful and they work with zeal to provide an ideal solution to the clients. We have extensive experience in the field which has been the main reason for our success. Just let us know your requirements; we’ll study it thoroughly and come up with an affordable solution.