The most popular content management system WordPress is still been regarded as just a blogging platform which is actually wrong. Of course, it was started as a blogging platform; but it is no longer the case now. WordPress is a lot more than just a blogging platform. However, if you want to be tied up with a developer for every minor change, WordPress is not for you. But if you are looking for an effective, great looking, affordable and adaptable platform, WordPress is definitely the best platform for you.
Here are the 7 main reasons to choose WordPress:
- Easy to setup: Using WordPress, one doesn’t have to feel the difficulty of setting up the platform as WordPress can be set up very easily. You don’t have to be an expert to set it up. All that you need is a web browser and an internet connection. Also, if you want to customize your website further, you can easily move the contents of the starter website to the web hosting account.
- Good for both your website and blog: Though it was started just as a blogging platform, it was ages ago. Since then WordPress has been evolved to a very great extent and has become a full-featured content management system. You can use the platform to manage the whole website easily. If you just want to blog, you can use it for that too.
- Thousands of themes: Themes definitely play a vital role in web designing; the more themes you have, more will be the chances for designer’s creativity. Here in WordPress, more than 2000 are available for free. If you are not satisfied with the free themes, you can go with those available at some commercial sites like WooThemes and StudioPress.
- WordPress plugins: Plugins are designed to extend the functionality of a core system. In WordPress, we have thousands of plugins through which we can add any required functionality to make the site much more functional. Whether you need a full featured ecommerce system or a simple contact form, there are plugins to meet your business requirements.
- Search engine friendly: WordPress is highly search engine friendly and is capable of solving tons of SEO issues automatically. With the free Yoast SEO plugin available in WordPress, your site will be much more search engine friendly.
- WordPress is popular: Undoubtedly WordPress is the most popular content management system being used by almost 23% of all the websites. It’s all because of its ease of use, availability of professional themes and plugins.
- Ready for mobile web: These days, the usage of mobile devices is exploding; a lot of customers visit your site using a mobile device. So if your website is not compatible with mobile devices, chances will be more for a customer to leave your site. WordPress themes are built to be responsive so that the customers will not feel it difficult to use your site on their smartphones or tablets.
Being a top-tier WordPress development company in Johannesburg, We provide our clients with onsite and offshore web development. So, if you are thinking to hire WordPress developers in Johannesburg, just let us know your needs. Our team will get back to you soon with an ideal and affordable solution.